Cunderdin Pharmacy is an accredited NDSS Access Point.
NDSS stands for National Diabetes Services Scheme. It is the Australian Government’s initiative & administered by Diabetes Australia. This scheme provides information and support services to people with diabetes and delivers diabetes-related products at subsidised prices. Registration for this scheme is free for all Australians diagnosed with diabetes.
Cunderdin Pharmacy Accreditation as NDSS Access Points means that our pharmacists can support you in the management of diabetes, providing professional advice and guidance.
NDSS Services available include:
- Provision of blood glucose monitor strips and insulin needles under the NDSS scheme (i.e price covered by government),
- Professional information on diabetes,
- Medications used to treat the condition,
- Types of glucose monitors and how to use them,
- Types of insulin devices and how to use them,
- Blood glucose monitor demonstration and setup available,
- Control testing on machines.
NDSS Products available include:
- Blood glucose monitors,
- Blood glucose testing strips,
- Pen needles,
- Hypoglycaemia sugar supplements,
- Diabetic socks,
- Extensive wound care treatments,
- Sugar free confectionary.
Diabetic WA Website: http://www.diabeteswa.com.au/